Brother’s Bar-B-Que has deep roots, this family based restaurant has been established through over 50 years of legacy. Brother’s Bar-B-Que was featured in Kentucky Monthly Magazine in 2010, voted best BBQ in KY by Prep Magazine, and for 8 consecutive years has been voted Best BBQ – Readers Choice by The Messenger. Owners and operators, Kevin & Donna Cotton, Kentucky natives, are devoted and motivated to serving this community. They consistently give back to various organizations such as the local schools and its athletic teams, Habitat for Humanity (providing food and assisting in remodeling homes), United Way, as well as various community outreach programs. Kevin Cotton is currently serving the community as Mayor of the City of Madisonville. He has also served as a Captain for the Madisonville Fire Department and spent many years volunteering in the EMS/Fire field. He is also a devoted husband and a father to many children that he and his wife, Donna have fostered throughout the years.
Distinguishing Characteristics of Brothers Bar-B-Que
Brother’s Bar-B-Que is known for being community oriented. We pride ourselves on two things – giving back to the community and superb customer service. Brother’s Bar-B-Que has been honored to receive the following recognitions and awards:
- 1st Place Veteran’s Day Parade Float Entry (2016-2019)
- 2014 Spirit Award from Innovate Hopkins County presented by the Madisonville-Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation
- 2013-2014 United Way Small Business Division Best Campaign Award
- 2013 Bill Corum Community Service Award
- 2011 Small Business of the Year Award from the Madisonville-Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce
- Reader’s Choice for Best Bar-B- Que from The Messenger (2006-2019)
- 2009 Blue Plate Award from Prep Magazine
- American Red Cross’ Hometown Hero Award
- Richard A. Byrnes Memorial Leadership Award from the Leadership Hopkins County Board of Directors
- Certificate of Appreciation from Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office for serving during the 2005 Tornado
In 2017, we opened our second location in Central City, KY. It is operated by Josh and Tina Beatty and offers the same excellent quality as our Madisonville location. In 2013, we expanded our dining capacity and added a board room and training room with vikings treasure slot. Our dining area went from 30 seats to 145 seats. This expansion added 15 new employee positions. We are very proud to say that we have successfully completed this with the support of our community. In 2012 we partnered with a local ministry called Breaking Bread to begin our own outreach to hungry individuals within our own community. Every third Saturday we set up and feed approximately 350-450 individuals and send home one week of groceries to approximately 800+ people. This ministry has grown monthly and we are excited to be a part of it. In 2010 and 2011, Brother’s Bar-B-Que donated much needed restaurant equipment to Nashville Bridge Ministry, http://www.bridgeministry.org/, a ministry that is committed to feeding the homeless every Tuesday night out of Nashville, TN. The staff of Brother’s Bar-B-Que recently traveled to Nashville to feed the homeless. Every customer that supports Brother’s Bar-B-Que enables this business to continue its goal of impacting Madisonville and Hopkins County on many different levels.
Our Way of Doing Business
- We believe in providing legendary service. Our goal is to provide the kind of unique and genuine sort of personal care and attention that our customers tell stories about.
- We believe that good enough isn’t. We never stop trying to do it better, no matter how good we are. We constantly strive to “raise the bar.”
- We believe in honesty and trust. We work to build trust with others in each and every transaction and interaction. We recognize that honesty and trust form the bond that holds organizations and relationships together.
- We believe in the ongoing training and development of our people. We see it as a worthy investment in the future of the restaurant and as a way of enabling our people to achieve their potential in whatever they do.
- We believe our continued success depends on teamwork. We know that great achievements are only possible from helping and respecting each other.
- We believe in doing business in a professional and orderly manner. We take pride in having good systems, standardized procedures and being organized.
- We believe in being responsible to others and to ourselves. We do what we say we are going to do when we say we are going to do it. We believe in personal accountability and avoid blaming others when things don’t turn out as planned.